Friday 22 February 2008

My 1st fat book page



This is my very 1st fat book page! I never wanted to start up another addiction so gave all the fat page swaps a wide berth but, a friend on Crafting Corner Forum (http://z6.invisionfree.com/Crafting_Corner/index.php?act=idx) has been ill for some time so the members have organised a fat book for her, well I couldn't refuse. I am also entering this into The Sunday Stampers wk 4 challenge (http://pinkleart.blogspot.com/search/label/The%20Sunday%20Stampers) which this week is 'Watch the birdy' - to incorporate birds into your project. Firstly I splodged green and blue Twinkling H2o's onto a craft mat with a paint brush then I spritzed a piece of white paper with water and and 'swooshed' (is that a real word?) it around to make a marbled background. I covered a bear mat with the marbled paper. Using a gorgeous UM Peacock stamp from Dimension Fourth and broken china distress ink pad I stamped onto another piece of the background paper. I highlighted the spots with green H2o's and the body with blue H2o's to give some definition. I glittered the body with clear glitter glue. I then mounted the stamped image onto a dark green card stock and placed onto the base. I added some green gems and some wool to the left side to finish it off. I also decorated the back with the same marbled background paper added some swirls using a HOTP stamp and broken china distress ink and then added a tag with a sentiment stamped on. Voila my 1st page done!

12 comments:

devonmaid said...

Love it Mee!!!!! Well done, it's great.......another addiction lol x

Angie C said...

I love this, it's so different and a gorgeous colour too

Shazza said...

gorgeous page and I love the peacock stamp
x

Lesley said...

Lovely page - I hope you make many more!! xxx

made by fifi said...

that is so gorgeous - i love it xx

Hels Sheridan said...

WOW!! This is gorgeous hun, thanks for joining in and I loooove peacocks the most!! Hugs xx

sam21ski said...

Love the shades of green on this one Jo, been as though it's my fav colour!!!!!

Lil Ol Me said...

beautiful Mee and its your first!

Mags said...

Stunning!

Love it!

Ann said...

Gorgeous colours - love it!!! xxx

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt aus Alsdorf said...

a wonderful card

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

Well done on your first fat page...and such a gorgeous one too!!!